I’m sure a lot of you mamas can relate with me when it comes to picky toddlers! Sylar only eats a handful of things, but one thing is for sure, he loves anything sweet. Fruits especially. So here’s my go to recipe (that we make every morning) for a children’s breakfast smoothie.
Things you will need:
- Bananas (or one, fresh fruit of choice)
- 1/2 cup of frozen fruit
- A handful of spinach and/or kale
- 3 spoonfuls of a fruit flavored greek yogurt (this is key to making the smoothie sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups of reduced sugar Almond Breeze (use less for a thicker smoothie)
- Sippy cup (one that a smoothie will come out of; we LOVE our Klean Kanteen).
- Liquid Multivitamin (optional)
- Cut your fresh fruit up into small pieces and place into blender.
- Add your frozen fruit, then your spinach, then your greek yogurt.
- Finish by adding your almond milk.
- Blend smoothie until desired consistency.
- Pour into sippy cup (this is where you would add your vitamin), shake and serve.
Sylar drinks his smoothie in a matter of minutes, and I’m one happy mama because he gets part of his daily servings of fruits, vegetables, probiotics (yogurt) and his daily vitamins (click here to see the vitamin we use). We always have extra, so I get to enjoy some too!